We embrace privacy as a core value and it is integral to our approach to data collection. We are committed to providing you with an excellent user experience and complete clarity about how we collect location data, what we use it for, as well as information about our privacy framework – that’s why we offer this Privacy Center.
A Principled Approach
Introduction: At Spectus, we embrace privacy as a core value, and it is integral to our approach to data collection. We are committed to providing you with an excellent user experience and clarity about how we collect location data, what we use it for, and more information about our privacy framework – that’s why we created this Privacy Center.
Why Spectus Cares: As we continue to evolve our privacy approach to adhere to each new regulatory advance, such as GDPR and CCPA, we believe it’s our responsibility to communicate honestly and openly about our stance and commitment to consumer privacy. We’ve built our privacy framework around four key principles:
To learn more about these principles and our privacy framework, please explore this Privacy Center or download our white paper to learn more about our patent-pending data solution called Privacy Enhanced Mobility (PEM). If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know by emailing email@example.com
Consent: We believe that consent must be freely given, specific, informed, and unambiguous. We generally ask for geolocation consent outside of the standard operating consent or at least with expanded language beyond the OS standard. What does this mean? It means that we always ask for you to share your location before collecting it – that’s it.
We only collect data from devices who opted in to share their location.
In order to be as transparent as possible, we wanted to share with you a few examples of how we use location data. Please see below for a screenshot of Spectus data in action from our Mobility Insights. Brands, marketers, researchers and scientists can use these types of applications to combat the spread of COVID-19 and its impact on mobility.
Control: We believe that consumers should always be in the driver’s seat when it comes to their data. That’s why we provide users with several options to easily opt out of location sharing at any time.
Please see below for a list of five methods you can use to opt-out of Spectus sharing as well as links for instructions
1.The NAI Mobile Opt-Out Assistance Page:
2.The TrustArc Opt-Out App:
3. The Spectus App: In order to be as transparent as possible, we’ve created a Spectus App designed to give you ultimate control of your data sharing. You can download our app via Google Play or the App Store.
4. Turning Off Location Services: You can opt-out of sharing your location data by turning off “location services”: https://www.lifewire.com/turn-off-mobile-location-services-4156238
5. Check Your App Providers Menu: Some of our app partners offer a separate “Spectus Opt-Out” directly within their settings. To look for this option, all you have to do is check the app settings. Please note that this varies by app.
We want you to be in control at all times when it comes to data sharing — if you have any questions or need assistance with the above opt-out methods, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Accountability: From the very start, the Spectus team has believed in the importance of demonstrating our commitment to protecting user privacy and showing the steps we’ve taken to ensure compliance. Because location data can be a sensitive topic due to the insights it may provide about consumers’ habits, interests, and day-to-day journeys, we’d like to highlight the steps we’ve taken to protect your privacy.
- We were one of the very first location providers to become NAI members.
- We have been certified by TrustArc, TAG, and are Privacy Shield registered.
- We have launched our Sensitive Points of Interest Policy as an additional step toward protecting consumer privacy. This policy covers sensitive points of interest (SPOIs) and/or categories that are legally or culturally sensitive. Spectus will not allow location data from these POIs and/or categories to be used for targeting or attribution. Please note that this policy may be subject to change, as we plan to adjust it in accordance with future regulations and include any newly designated sensitive topics.